Most of the people are looking for holistic and natural approaches to manage and control diabetes. The only natural cure which is getting considerable amount of attention is the usage of bitter gourd juice. It is sometimes known as an ampalaya, it has an acquired taste, buts bitter melon’s effects as an agent helps in controlling diabetes are overwhelming. People who are looking for natural methods to control diabetes can be glad to see the bitter gourd as a powerful alternative treatment for medications.
How to Control Diabetes with Bitter Gourd?
- Firstly select firm bitter gourds with no or few skin blemishes. It must measure about 5 – 12 inches long and must be either in the color of yellow-orange or green. The yellow-orange variety is not that bitter, but it has less powerful properties which lets the juice of bitter melon for controlling diabetes.
- Choose an Asian variety which are available from April – September.
- You can store bitter melon in a plastic or paper bag. Each bitter gourd must be free from netting or rubber bands. You can store them for about 3 – 5 days.
- You must wash the bitter melons in cool water.
- Slice them well in such a way that the insides are exposed well.
- Use tablespoon to remove the seeds of bitter melon.
- Extract juice from bitter gourds by blending them in a juicing machine. You must use 4 – 5 melons to get a glass of juice.
- In the morning, drink a small glass of bitter gourd juice with an empty stomach. If it consumed on an empty stomach, the juice accelerate the curative properties and thus controls diabetes.
- Bitter melon juice must be continued for a period of 3 – 5 months.