Body rashes are nothing but skin inflammation. They cause change in skin texture and color on the afflicted area. Some rashes appear on the whole body whereas some occur only on particular parts of the body like neck, face, back, etc. Body rashes may occur due to an allergic reaction or due to a skin disease. Some skin rashes are contagious while others are not. Body rash appears as red, itchy bumps or non-itchy bumps on the skin. There can be burning or stinging sensation in the afflicted area. Following lines give some home remedies for skin rashes.
Home Remedies for Skin Rashes:
Following are some effective home remedies for skin rashes:
- Wash the affected area with chamomile tea. This is the most beneficial remedy for treating skin rashes. Add 2–3 tablespoons of dried or fresh chamomile flowers to a cup of boiling water. Strain the concoction and allow it to cool.
- Olive oil is another effective cure for skin rashes. It has therapeutic properties. Application of olive oil on the affected area helps in relieving the condition. It penetrates through the skin and helps in curing it.
- Application of aloe vera gel or pulp on the body rashes is another effective remedy.
- Take baking soda and apply it on the afflicted area. Gently press the area after applying. It gives relief from irritation and cures rashes.
- Prepare poultice from dandelion, yellow dock root and chaparral. This is another effective remedy for rashes on body. Blend the herbs in a mixer and add water to make a puree. Apply this on the rashes and cover with a bandage or cheesecloth.
- Dip a cotton cloth in calcium water or comfrey and keep it on the affected areas. It gives calming effect and also reduces inflammation.
- Blend 10–15 basil leaves with salt, pepper, 2 cloves of garlic and a tablespoon of olive oil. Coat this mixture on the affected areas.
- Consume foods which are rich in vitamin C. Citrus fruits are best for this.
- Oatmeal bath gives relief from body rashes. Add a cup of uncooked oatmeal to bathwater and immerse your body into it. It gives instant relief and also heals rashes.