Whiteheads are tiny and white raised spots. These are caused by the collection of hardened oil or sebum in the skin pores. These are tiny cysts that are developed because of improper elimination of sebum which is secreted by the sebaceous glands. Whiteheads can appear on any body part, but blackheads and whiteheads usually appear on the face particularly on the forehead, temples, cheeks and around the nose. Below lines give some remedies to get rid of whiteheads naturally.
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads Naturally?
Following are some simple and effective natural cures to get rid of whiteheads:
- Drink lots and lots of water and fresh fruit juices. Consume fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Make a paste with fenugreek leaves and apply this paste over the face every night. Next morning, rinse with warm water to prevent blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, wrinkles and dryness.
- Wash your face thrice a day with a medicated soap, if your skin is oily.
- Unclog the pores of the skin by applying a face mask and steaming. One can also try rubbing the lemon on the skin. This can be repeated twice a week to get immediate effect.
- Whiteheads can be removed effectively by steaming the face for about 1 – 2 minutes. As the whiteheads become soft, use a sterilized needle to prick the apex. Also you can gently press it with your two fingers.
- Jojoba oil is an excellent moisturizer. Use this oil along with green gram flour and rub it on the face. This helps in eliminating blackheads and whiteheads.
- Make a paste with roasted and powdered pomegranate seeds. Add lime juice to it to make a paste and apply it over the whiteheads affected areas. Leave it for about 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. This is an effective way to remove whiteheads naturally.
- Make a paste with sandalwood powder and rose water and apply it on the affected area. Let it stay for 20 – 30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Mix a tablespoon of fresh lime juice to a tablespoon of groundnut oil for preventing acne and whiteheads naturally.