Eucalyptus is one of the most popular and commonly used essential oils. This is well known for its health benefits. This is widely found in each and every one’s medicine cabinet. This article gives information on eucalyptus oil benefits.
Eucalyptus Oil Benefits:
Following are some of the health benefits of eucalyptus oil:
- This oil is well known to give relief from sinus infections, blocked nose, common cold, bronchitis, flu and other respiratory diseases. To treat these health conditions, apply a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the handkerchief and inhale it at regular time intervals. Another best way is to put a few eucalyptus oil drops in the bath water.
- This is one among those essential oils that hold great importance in aromatherapy.
- Eucalyptus oil has anti microbial and anti bacterial properties because of which it is often used in perfumes, lotions, deodorants, soaps and other hygiene products.
- If you like applying henna to your hands, make a point that you add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the henna mixture to give deeper and richer color.
- It has germicidal properties and is often used in treating skin disorders and bruises.
- Add a little amount of eucalyptus oil to the pet dog’s bath water to protect them from ticks and other parasites.
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to other massage oils to have a calming effect on the mind and body. Its rejuvenating properties aid in getting relief from sluggishness, muscle pain, exhaustion and mental fatigue.
- It is a good stimulant and thus helps in enhancing blood circulation to increase cardiac activity.
- This oil is also used as a flavoring agent in some food products, baked foods, beverages and confectioneries.
- Campers and trekkers always carry eucalyptus oil as it is very effective in curing insect bites, skin rashes and stings. Also, it is an excellent mosquito repellent.
- It acts like a disinfectant when mixed with water.
- Eucalyptus oil is very effective for sore throat problems. Add a couple of eucalyptus oil drops to a glass of warm water and gargle with it. This remedy reduces soreness and gives better relief.
- Due to its germicidal properties, it is used in dental care products like mouthwashes, toothpastes, and so on.
- Sometimes, eucalyptus oil is used regularly for the treatment of asthma and cough.
- A good news for diabetic patients. If eucalyptus oil is taken internally, it aids in controlling blood glucose levels.
- Working professionals or students who need to concentrate more can use eucalyptus oil to concentrate better and to stay alert.