Gingivitis is an inflammation caused in the mouth. This condition afflicts the tissues which surround the gums and teeth. If left untreated, gingivitis may manifest into a serious dental problem. It may lead to the tooth loss and destruction of bone. Some home remedies for gingivitis may help in curing the condition. Gingivitis is caused due to the accumulation of food particles, plaque and bacteria in between the teeth and gums. Some gingivitis symptoms include bad taste in mouth, bad breath, tender gums, swollen gums, red gums, bleeding while brushing and painful gums. Here are some home remedies for gingivitis.
Home Remedies for Gingivitis:
- Brush your teeth twice a day to cure gingivitis. Use herbal mouthwash and herbal toothpaste. This is the best remedy for treating gingivitis.
- Use toothpaste that contain holy basil, neem, babool and mint as they fight with gingivitis. They not only avoid spreading of the infection, but reduce inflammation or swelling as well.
- Another best remedy for gingivitis is rubbing clove oil on the gums. You might experience burning sensation but it heals the problem very efficiently. Otherwise, you can chew a piece of clove. This is also a useful remedy.
- Gargling is another beneficial remedy. Add a pinch of salt to lukewarm water and gargle with this 2 times a day.
- Aloe vera is another most useful remedy for curing gingivitis. Rub the pulp of aloe vera in the mouth. Gargle with water and rubbing it. This process must be repeated for a few times.
- Make a paste with water and baking soda and dab it on the afflicted area using a finger. Now brush your teeth with herbal powder. Not only it accelerates healing but neutralizes bacteria activity.
- Try to consume more fresh vegetables and fruits. Include foods that are rich in vitamin C and fiber, as well as foods which have low saturated fats.
- Cranberry juice is another useful home remedy for gingivitis. Consumption of cranberry juice is beneficial but ensure that it doesn’t have sugar.
- People are advised to use mouthwash which contains chamomile tincture, menthol, peppermint oil, sage oil, etc. Toothpaste that contains peppermint oil and sage oil are very effective in curing gingivitis.