Ear infection is the inflammation of the middle or the outer ear. It is common among children. Colds, bacterial infections, allergy, nutritional deficiency, fluid in the ear and ear wax are some of the causes for ear infection. Natural remedies are helpful in curing inflammation and pain in the ear. If ear infections are not cured at the right time it can even rupture the ear drums.
Home Remedies for Ear Infection
- Dilute onion or garlic juice in boiled water and drop two drops in to ear after cooling. It easily relieves pain.
- Fill a small bag with salt and press it against the ear.
- Use colloidal silver to wash your ear.
- Using ear candles available from health stores can also help draw impurities out of the ear.
- Avoid consuming dairy products as it increases the formation of mucus in the body.
- Sit over a bowl of hot steaming water and essential oils like peppermint and eucalyptus.
- Dropping few drops of hydrogen peroxide in to your ear will cure you of the infection.
- Consume a lot of vitamin C. It helps in fighting infection.
- Warm little olive oil in a spoon and put 2-3 drops in each ear.
- Zinc intake can reduce ear infection.
Do not prick your ears with things like pins or pens. Cigarette smoke can also cause ear infection; so avoid going before cigarette smoking people.