Earache is a common problem among adults and children alike. These are often caused by mild infections or a change in the altitude. Earache can be really annoying and severe at times.
Here are some ways to get rid of earache naturally :
- To get relief from earache quickly, use a hair dryer on low setting to warm the ear. But be careful not to use it on hot setting.
- Pour some garlic juice in the ear. This will take away the pain as garlic has antibiotic properties.
- If your ear ache is due to an altitude change, chew some gum or yawn to soothe the pain.
- If you got an earache from swimming, this condition is usually called ‘swimmer’s ear’. Put some mineral oil in both the ears before going in the water.
- Put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide into your ear. Then tilt your head on the side and let the peroxide drain out.
- Put something warm on your aching ear, such as a heating pad or a warm cloth.
- Extract the juice of holy basil leaves and put 2 drops in the aching ear.
- Steep 2 tsp chamomile flowers in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Then strain the water and put the hot flowers in a cloth and apply to the aching ear.
- Chop some garlic into small pieces and simmer in 1/4 cup olive oil for 30 minutes. Then let it cool and store in a bottle. Whenever you are using it, heat it slightly and use as ear drops 2 times a day. And plug your ears after putting the drops, with cotton for 10 minutes. Do not use this if you have a ruptured eardrum or an external injury to the ear.
If your pain is very bad and doesn’t go away with all these remedies, see a doctor immediately. He may give you an antibiotic or mild drops to cure the problem.