Your feet are probably the most neglected part of your body. We take good care of our face and hands, but often neglect the feet, which results in ugly looking feet and cracked heels. Your feet need as much attention as any other body part and following a good regime of moisturising and cleaning every day can help a great deal in healing cracked heels.
Here are a few tips to get rid of cracked heels:
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water to which some mild shampoo has been added. Then gently scrub out all the dry skin with pumice stone or a good foot scrub. Then wash off with water and apply a good moisturiser. Wear socks and go to sleep. This will keep your feet soft and smooth.
- Massage your heels with olive oil every night before going to sleep.
- Don’t throw away used lemon rinds. Instead rub them on your feet and heels every day. Or else apply the juice of lemon.
- Apply a good moisturiser or vaseline to your cracked heels every night. Then wash off in the morning.
- Apply a mixture of glycerin and rosewater daily to your cracked heels to soothe and cure them.
- Wash your feet and apply any shortening or hydrogenated vegetable oil on the cracked heels. Apply a thick coat and wear thick socks. Leave on the socks overnight for positive results.
- Heat some Coconut oil, add wax to it and cool it. Then apply to your cracked heels.
- Melt some paraffin wax and mix it with a little mustard oil. Apply on the cracked heels and wash off in the morning. Repeat this for 10 to 15 days.
- Apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the cracked heels. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with water.
- Soak your feet in lemon juice mixed with water for 15 minutes.
- Follow a daily regime of cleaning and moisturizing. And before going to bed, soak your feet in warm water to which some good shampoo has been added. Wash and pat dry.
- Apply a mixture of juice of one lemon and 1 teaspoon vaseline. Rub this mixture on the cracked heels every day, till it is thoroughly absorbed.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium, iron, zinc and omega-3 fats.
- Wear socks and proper shoes/sandals before going out.
- Avoid walking bare feet.
- If your problem is very severe, buy a crack healing ointment from the market and apply every day.
- And never forget to apply a good moisturiser after a bath and before going to bed daily.